NO BAKE TURTLE BROWNIES (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE)
Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
These no bake turtle brownies are vegan, gluten-free, and perfect for chocolate lovers! Enjoy a soft and chewy no bake brownie topped with medjool date caramel, crushed pecans, and mini chocolate chips. They are easy to make, contain wholesome ingredients, and naturally sweetened.
Chocolate, caramel, and nuts… a flavor combination that never grows old. These ingredients are included in several classic candy bars – and for good reason! Rich chocolate, sweet caramel, and salty nuts are an unbeatable trio.
Today, I’m bringing you the yummiest no bake turtle brownies. The recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened. Plus, it’s easy to follow and no baking is required!
WHAT IS “TURTLE” FLAVOR?
Traditionally, turtles are a chocolate-dipped candy containing pecans and caramel. Today, there are many variations of turtle-flavored sweets and treats. You can scour the internet for turtle cookies, cheesecake, pie, cupcakes, and – yes – brownies!
As a chocolate lover (who still likes to eat relatively healthy) I knew I had to take this delicious dessert up a notch. So, I created a wholesome brownie recipe that is:
- Refined sugar-free
- 7 ingredients
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE NO BAKE TURTLE BROWNIES?
- Medjool dates
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE TURTLE BROWNIES
First, we’ll create the brownie layer. Begin by combining the walnuts, almonds, cocoa powder, medjool dates, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Process/pulse the ingredients until a sticky dough is formed.
Second, line a square baking dish with parchment paper. I prefer to use a 7×7-inch or 8×8-inch dish. Use clean hands to press the no bake brownie dough across the base in an even layer. Set aside.
Next, we’ll create the caramel layer. Add pitted medjool dates, water, vanilla, and salt to a food processor. Process/pulse until a smooth, caramel-like consistency is formed. In order to do this, stop the food processor periodically and scrape down the sides, pushing the dates toward the center blades. Process/pulse again. Repeat until a nearly smooth consistency is achieved.
Evenly spread the caramel over the brownie dough. Then, add crushed pecans and gently press them into the caramel layer. After, add mini chocolate chips and gently press them over the crushed pecans.
Finally, store the no bake turtle brownies in the freezer for 1 hour. Afterwards, slice and serve.
- Use soft medjool dates and don’t forget to remove the pits. If you only have access to dates that are dry and hard, simply soak them in warm water for 10 minutes. Afterwards, drain the water and pat the dates dry with a paper towel. Then, proceed with the recipe.
- I love using these vegan mini chocolate chips. You can use regular chocolate chips, too. Mini chocolate chips are not essential to this recipe.
- As the recipe states, be sure to freeze these no bake turtle brownies for one hour before slicing and serving. This gives the brownies enough time to set. ‘
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator or freezer. Storing the brownies in the refrigerator will create a softer texture, while the freezer will create a chewier texture. Both are great!
IF YOU LOVE THESE NO BAKE TURTLE BROWNIES, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY THESE CHOCOLATE DESSERTS:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- No-Bake Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
- Rocky Road Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Cups
- Jumbo Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles